The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Toronto is the official representative of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in Canada. Accredited by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade under the Foreign Missions and International Organizations Act, the Office promotes Hong Kong’s interests across Canada. It also maintains a small liaison office in Vancouver.
- promoting HK-Canada trade relation by closely liaising with the federal government, inter-government relations with provincial and municipal governments in Canada;
- promoting Canadian investment in Hong Kong; and liaising with the media and business community;
- working closely with the Toronto offices of Hong Kong Trade Development Council and Hong Kong Tourism Board in Hong Kong promotions.
- organizes business seminars and other promotional events;
- arranges programmes for visitors from Hong Kong and vice versa;
- organizes Hong Kong information sessions for Canadian students;
- answers public enquiries relating to Hong Kong matters;
- gives updates on Hong Kong through newsletters and websites.